Monday, April 9, 2007

New Start

Lent is over. Easter is over. Spring will come eventually. So I'm going to try again to get my weight under control. This morning I wrote down my list of foods to eat and beverages to drink.

Last year I tried the Special K "diet." It says if you eat the cereal for two meals out of your day, eat low-cal healthy snacks, eat a regular third meal, and drink normally. I lost 2 pounds the first week I did it, but the second week got a little out of whack. I haven't been able to try it again for a while. I think now is a good time to restart it.

I'll be able to get back to the gym, too. March and April so far have not been good for gym time, between other obligations, going out of town, and being sick. I've been to one kick-boxing class in 6 weeks. Not good. I'm going to start taking some other classes, as well, now that life is calming down a little. As soon as the weather warms up a bit, I'm going to work on weekly bike rides to town.

Last week I bought a pedometer. On Saturday, the pedometer was gone. I have the worst time with those suckers. This is the first one that fell off and got lost -- my stupidity, putting my phone in my pocket right under the thing. Usually they fall off as I'm pulling down my pants and break on the floor. One fell in the toilet and was destroyed by the water. One flat out stopped working for reasons I don't understand. It wasn't the battery, as I put in a fresh one. The husband thinks I should just give up, but I find they really motivate me to walk more. I just need to figure out how to keep one longer than two weeks. I could sure use suggestions if anybody ever reads this.

No comments: